04 March 2012

Abel Reels: Custom bluegill graphic!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up of something I think is very exciting for we bluegill lovers. My friend and fellow bream lover, Colt, has been throwing around the idea of requesting that Abel Reels design and issue a special edition bluegill finish. After much persistence and research, he found a shop willing to push the idea with Abel:  Stillwater Fly Shop  It turns out that they are as enthusiastic about this idea as we are and they are the world's largest Abel dealer so they have some influence on the matter. Cameron over at The Fiberglass Manifesto, Colt and I have been talking with Stillwater about design specifics and we are really excited to announce that coming up this summer we will hammer out the details to make this a reality! 

If you've seen some of Abel's custom fish finishes, you know what I'm talking about.  Seriously impressive.  In fact, the Abel company is impressive.  Check out this video:


 I think it's great that our humble bluegill is going to get this kind of attention and can't wait to see the results! 

I will add further updates here as we continue developing this graphic!


No comments:

Post a Comment